Friday, August 27, 2010

Rocks

All these rocks were found way up in the mountains at a privately known location by me back in 2008. I knew about these rocks nearly 40 years ago when I used to hike in the mountains but never had reason to share them. Now came to be the time. I hope you enjoy looking at them. They were brought here for your enjoyment.



This is what appears to be a birthing stone that I found up in the mountains many years ago but never brought it down because I had no place to put it. It was the only one of its kind in the area. It too is rather large being 4'long and 3'wide.


Here is another close up of the birthing stone



This is a rock I found over by chuns reef on the side of the road. It has been called a Gilrock. Nobody I've iterviewed is quite certain why. It is the largest of all the other rocks and may weigh well over 6,000 lbs.


This rock appears to have man made carvings on it as if someone tried to chissel it down into smaller rocks but gave up. These carvings do not appear to be made by nature but appear to be at attempt by somebody many years ago to make the rock smaller.


These are some close ups of the carvings

That's not a smaller rock on the bottom right, that's all part of the same rock that is carved. And those dark lines are carvings, they are not natural cracks.



More man made carving lines

No comments: